To expedite your check-in process, we need for you to review the packet that was given to you at the doctor’s office and complete all your paper work before arrival. This will expedite your admission process. If you have any questions relating to insurance or payment obligations you may contact our Physician Office Liaison at (949) 586-9386 ext. 224.
A Health History Nurse will call you prior to your procedure to collect information about your health to expedite your admission process.
It is important for you to follow the prep instructions given to you by your doctor to prevent delay or cancellations.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Doctor If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the doctor.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your procedure. You can discuss this with your doctor.
What You Need The Day Of The Procedure:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your procedure.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department at 949-586-9386. Ext. 224 as soon as possible.